Instagram Widget Setup
Note: I personally like to use the Smash Balloon’s Social Feed plugin that you see on the demo sites and in this tutorial. This plugin is free but it does offer an upgrade if you wanted to use it’s additional features. The upgrade is not required to set it up like the demo site.
Step 1. To install the plugin click on “Plugins” then “Add New”. In the search box type in “Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed”. There may be many Instagram Feeds. The one you want to use is by Smash Balloon.
Step 2. When you find it click “Install Now” then “Activate”.
Login To Your Instagram Account
Next click on Instagram Feed (bottom left of your screen). This is where you will need to log into your Instagram account. Follow the steps in the picture below.
After you click “Add Source”, you will be directed to login to Instagram.
If you need further help with this step please visit Smash Balloon’s site here. After you are finished with these steps please see the next steps below.
Customize Your Settings
We are half way there now. Next you will need to click on “Feed Layout” under “Customize”. See the picture below.
Each theme has different settings for the number of posts and columns. Please see your theme’s settings below.
- Beyond Madison – put the number 6 for Number of Posts and Columns
- Classy Ink – put the number 4 for Number of Posts and Columns
- Editorial Avenue – put the number 4 for Number of Posts and Columns
- Ellie Jane – put the number 7 for Number of Posts and Columns
- Hailey Wells – put the number 7 for Number of Posts and Columns
- Her Exclusive – put the number 3 for Number of Posts and Columns.
- Kylee More – put the number 4 for Number of Posts and Columns.
- Carpe Diem – put the number 4 for Number of Posts and Columns.
If you are using the Kylee More theme, you are done (view your site)! All other themes… please follow the rest of the steps below.
Last step I promise. Click on “Embed” at the top right. Then copy the ShortCode.
Then go to “Appearance” > “Widgets”. Choose a “Custom HTML” widget and place it in the widget area of your choice (primary sidebar, bottom bar, footer, widget below footer, etc.) Click “Save” then view your site. For the
- Adore Me – place this widget in Widget Below Footer
- Beyond Madison – place this widget in Widget Above Footer
- Classy Ink – place this widget in Footer 1
- Editorial Avenue – place this widget in Footer 2
- Ellie Jane – place this widget in Widget Above Footer
- Hailey Wells – place this widget in Widget Below Footer
- Her Exclusive – place this widget in Footer 2
- Carpe Diem – place this widget in Footer 2
Important: this theme is compatible to work with the Instagram Feed widget but we cannot offer any support for this plugin since we are not the creators. If you need further assistance after completing the steps above please contact Smash Balloon here.
That’s it. Please return back to your themes tutorials to finish the rest.