Follow this tutorial below to create a beautiful Portfolio to display your work.
1. We will first need to install a plugin called “Portfolio Post Type”. To do this go to “Plugins” then “Add New”.
2. In the search box type in “Portfolio Post Type”. Once it is found please click on “Install Now” then “Activate”.
3. You should now see the option “Portfolio” on the left side between Posts and Pages.
4. Click on “Portfolio” then “Add New Item”. Click image below to see a larger picture.
5. Give this new item a Title and add Content (include a picture in Content) if you like. The content will be seen when someone clicks on your item to view it.
6. Now we need to create a “Category”. These are the buttons your visitors can click on to see images related to that category.
7. Choose a “Featured Image”. This will be used for the Portfolio page. This is the first thing your visitors will see.
8. Click “Publish”. To add more items, start back at step 4 above. When you are done adding your items, move on to step 9 below.
Adding “Portfolio” to your Menu Bar
9. Now we need to add the “Portfolio” to your Menu Bar. To do this please go to “Appearance” then “Menus”.
10. Click on “Custom Links” then insert this link https://studiomommy.com/portfolio/ where it says “URL”. Change “studiomommy.com” to your site url.
11. Where it says “Link Text” type in Portfolio.
12. Click on “Add to Menu” then “Save Menu”.
Adding Text above your Portfolio
This is optional.
13. Go back to “Portfolio” then click on “Archive Settings”.
14. Give it a Headline if you want then add your content in the area that says “Archive Intro Text”.
15. When you are done, click on “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page. Then view your Portfolio on your site.