Category Index Setup
Use this template if you would like to display your posts in separate categories – category index. This makes it easier for your readers to find posts that they are interested in quickly, on one page.
Before we begin be sure that you have created categories for each of your posts.
1. First step is to create the page. Log into your WordPress dashboard then click on “Pages” then “Add New”.
2. Give this page a title. Then choose “Category Index” under Page Attributes >> Template.
3. Click the blue button that says “Publish”.
4. Next go to Appearance >> Widgets. Then add the “Genesis – Featured Posts” widget to the widget area called “Category Index”.
5. Change the settings in the “Genesis – Featured Posts” widget to the settings shown above.
Please Note – you can choose your Featured Image size to the size of your choice. Please also be sure that “Content Type” is changed to No Content.
6. Add another “Genesis – Featured Post” widget for each additional category you want to add (i.e. Fashion, DIY, Recipes, Kids, Tutorials, etc).
7. Click “Save”.
8. Now you can add it to your Menu Bar. Go to “Appearance” > “Menus”. You should see the category index page you created in Step 2, on the left side. Check it’s box then add it to your Menu. Then click “Save Menu”.