Important: this theme is compatible to work with WooCommerce but we cannot offer any support for this plugin (besides the steps listed below) since this plugin is not created by us. If you need further assistance after completing the steps below please contact WooCommerce here.
1. Log into your WordPress Dashboard and click on “Plugins” then “Add New” at the top of the page. In the search box type in “WooCommerce”.
2. Once you find it… click on “Install Now” then “Activate”.
3. A window will pop up asking you if you would like to setup your pages. Say “Yes” then follow the steps. Before you add products see step 4 below. It’s very important that you go through WooCommerce’s setup wizard before going to step 4. Your pages will disappear if you do not run the setup wizard.
4. There is one more step before you can begin adding products. In order for all of WooCommerces functions to work correctly you’ll need to install one more plugin. The Genesis Framework will need to connect with WooCommerce.
5. Click on “Plugins” if you are not there then click on “Add New”.
6. In the search box type in Genesis Connect for WooCommerce. Click “Install Now” then “Activate”.
Now you are ready to start adding products. If you are new to WooCommerce… here are WooThemes tutorials on how to use WooCommerce: WooCommerce Tutorials.
Quick Note: The “Shop” and “Checkout” pages are using a full width layout (no sidebar) on the demo sites. If you would like to use this same layout follow these steps.
1. Click on “Pages” then click on “Shop”.
2. Click on the Genesis icon (see image below). Choose the full width layout option.
3. Click on “Update”. Go back to your shop and refresh the page. If you don’t see the change right away… try clearing your browser’s cookie/cache files.