Please follow the tutorials below to create your site just like the demo. If you run into problems or have questions while following the tutorial please let us know. Don’t forget to submit your site to our Showcase page when you are done. We would love to see how your site looks!
Want us to install it for you? Sit back, relax, and let us do the work for you with our Installation Service.
Install the Demo Content (optional)
If you are starting a brand new site… your site will look nothing like the demo. Uploading the themes demo content is a great way to get started. You will be able to delete what you don’t want and keep what you need. This is optional. You are welcome to skip this step and move to “Header & Menu Bar” below.
Quick Jump Start
Watch this quick jump start video.
If your question was not answered in the video… see the other tutorials below for more detailed information or contact us here.
Matching Branding Products
I also offer coordinating products like logos, Pinterest, and Instagram templates, Thank You Cards, Social Media Planners, and other items in my shop to make branding your business less stressful!
Header & Menu Bar
- How to Setup the Menu Bar
- How to Add Your Own Logo – this is optional. You do not have to use a custom logo unless you want to. The best logo size is 800×400. If your logo is a different size please let us know, we can help you with that.
Homepage – 3 Images Side by Side & Join The List
Follow this tutorial to setup your homepage to look like the demo site’s homepage.
Are your blog posts missing from the homepage? If yes, please follow these steps.
- Click on “Appearance” then “Customize”.
- Click on “Homepage Settings”.
- Please be sure that “Your Latest Posts” is checked then click “Publish”.
If “Your Latest Posts” is already checked but they are still missing. Please contact me here.
- Note – A good image size for your blog post’s “Featured Image” is 400px x 600px
- How to Add the “Share This” Buttons
- After Entry widget – you can place any widget in this widget area such as user profile, advertisement, or instagram widget. It will show at the bottom of every post, before the comments. I used the “Genesis – User Profile” widget on the demo site. Find the After Entry widget in Appearance >> Widgets.
- Welcome Image and Message
- Social Media Icons
- Subscribe Box
- Categories – while in Appearance >> Widgets… click on “Categories” and choose Primary Sidebar from the dropdown.
How To Use Footers 1, 2, & 3 – place any widgets in these Footers. But note: Footer 2 & 3 will not show unless you have something in Footer 1 first. To get to the Footer Widgets click on Appearance then Widgets.
- Footer 1 – The Kylee More theme is using a Text Widget and Social Media Icons in Footer 1.
- Footer 2 – is using a “Custom HTML” widget. Copy/paste the following code into that widget and change the info to your info. Click “Save” when done.
- Footer 3 – is using a Footer Menu Navigation
Widget Above Footer – Instagram Feed
This is the area on the demo site that says “follow along: Latest on Instagram”.
Please go to Appearance >> Widgets if you are not there. Click on “Custom HTML” then choose “Widget Above Footer” from the dropdown. Next, copy/paste the following code into that widget then click “Save” when done.
Please follow this Instagram Widget tutorial to finish this setup.
Follow this tutorial on how to create a category page. The category page on Kylee More looks like this. You can also follow along in the video tutorial here.
To add a description to the Category page… click Posts >> Categories. Click on the category you would like to add a description too. Add your description where it says “Archive Intro Text”. Click “Update” at the bottom then view your Category page.
Page Template (these are optional)
These are optional pages and you do not have to use them unless you want to.
Images Used on Demo Site
All the images shown on the demo site came from Haute Stock (affiliate). Haute Stock updates their images regularly so we can’t guarantee that you will be able to find the exact same images.
- Poppins (body font) – found on Google Fonts
- Prata (title and heading fonts) – found on Google Fonts
Color Codes Used
- Pink/Nude – #f7f4f3
- Dark Grey/Black (font color) – #222222
- Black (button color) – #000000
- Grey (link color) – #b1b1b1
These tutorials are not necessary but only optional for those who are looking to customize their themes further.
- How to Change your Site Title and Tagline
- Change the Page Layout to Sidebar/Content or Full Width Content
- How to Change the Favicon
You can also find more tutorials on our blog.
If you have questions about your theme and can’t find the answer above please feel free to submit a support ticket.
Please note: support is only provided for setup and installation, questions and concerns. Support is not provided for personal customizations to our themes.
New to WordPress?
Need a little help on how to use WordPress? Become more comfortable and confident with WP101 video tutorials. Watch this sample tutorial to get a quick introduction to WordPress.