Please follow the tutorials below to create your site just like the demo. If you run into problems or have questions while following the tutorial please let us know. Don’t forget to submit your site to our Showcase page when you are done. We would love to see how your site looks!
Want us to install it for you? Sit back, relax, and let us do the work for you with our Installation Service.
Install the Demo Content (optional)
If you are starting a brand new blog… it will look nothing like the demo site. Uploading the themes demo content is a great way to get started. You will be able to delete what you don’t want and keep what you need. This is optional. You are welcome to skip this step and move to “Header & Menu Bar” below.
Header & Menu Bar
- How to Setup the Menu Bar
- How to Add Your Own Logo – this is optional. You do not have to use a custom logo unless you want to. The best logo size is 800×400. If your logo is a different size please let us know, we can help you with that.
- Homepage Slider
Are your blog posts missing from the homepage? If yes, please follow these steps.
- Click on “Appearance” then “Customize”.
- Click on “Homepage Settings”.
- Please be sure that “Your Latest Posts” is checked then click “Publish”.
If “Your Latest Posts” is already checked but they are still missing. Please contact me here.
- Note – A good image size for your blog post’s “Featured Image” is 400px x 600px
- How to Add the “Share This” Buttons
- After Entry widget – you can place any widget in this widget area such as user profile, advertisement, or instagram widget. It will show at the bottom of every post, before the comments. I used the “Image Widget” plugin on the demo site.
How To Use Footers 1, 2, & 3 – place any widgets in these Footers. But note: Footer 2 & 3 will not show unless you have something in Footer 1 first. To get to the Footer Widgets click on Appearance then Widgets.
- The Hailey Wells theme is using a Text Widget and Social Media Icons in Footer 1.
- Footer 2 is using the “Genesis – User Profile” widget.
- Footer 3 is using a Subscribe Box
Widget Below Footer – Instagram
- How to Setup the Instagram Widget
If you purchased your theme before July 14, 2020 please follow this tutorial:
If you purchased (or updated) your theme after July 15th, 2020 please follow this tutorial:
These are optional pages and you do not have to use them unless you want to.
Images Used on Demo Site
All the images shown on the demo site came from Haute Stock (affiliate). Haute Stock updates their images regularly so we can’t guarantee that you will be able to find the exact same images.
- Open Sans (body font) – found on Google Fonts
- Reenie Beanie (link and site description font) – found on Google Fonts
- Poiret One (title font) – found on Google Fonts
Color Codes Used
- Light Pink – #fde8e2
- Darker Pink (link color) – #f9bab3
- Dark Grey/Black (font color) – #444444
- Light Grey – #f5f5f5
I have a really good page of resources and additional plugins that I recommend like a popup subscribe box plugin and more. You can find that page here.
These tutorials are not necessary but only optional for those who are looking to customize their themes further.
- How to Change your Site Title and Tagline
- Change the Page Layout to Sidebar/Content or Full Width Content
- How to Change the Favicon
You can also find more tutorials on our blog.
If you have questions about your theme and can’t find the answer above please feel free to submit a support ticket.