Please follow the tutorials below to create your site just like the demo. If you run into any problems or have any questions while following the tutorial, please let us know. Don’t forget to submit your site to our Showcase page when you are done. We would love to see how your site looks!
Want us to install it for you? Sit back, relax, and let us do the work for you with our Installation Service.
Install the Demo Content (optional)
If you are starting a brand new site… your site will look nothing like the demo. Uploading the themes demo content is a great way to get started. You will be able to delete what you don’t want and keep what you need. This is optional. You are welcome to skip this step and move to “Notification Bar” below.
Matching Branding Products
I also offer coordinating products like logos, Pinterest, and Instagram templates, Thank You Cards, Social Media Planners, and other items in my shop to make branding your business less stressful!
This is the section at the very top of the Ellie Jane demo site. The demo site is using a text widget. You can add this to make special announcements.
- To do this… click on “Appearance” >> “Widgets“. Click on “Text” then choose “Notification Bar“. Insert your special announcement then click “Save“.
Header & Menu Bar
- How to Setup the Menu Bar
- Menu Description – these are the smaller words that show up under your menu items.
- Accent Menu Tab – border around one of your menu items.
- Sticky Social Icons – these are the sticky icons aligned on the left side of your site.
- How to Add Your Own Logo – this is optional. You do not have to use a logo unless you want to. The best logo size is 700×228. If your logo is a different size please let us know, we can help you with that.
The Homepage is created with widgets in the Front Page widget sections. Follow this tutorial to set your homepage to look like the demo site.
Please follow this Instagram Widget tutorial to finish this setup.
There are 3 widgets that make up the footer.
Widget 1. Custom HTML Widget
If you are not already there… click on “Appearance” >> “Widgets”. Click on “Custom HTML” then choose “Footer 1” from the dropdown. Copy/pates the code below into the Custom HTML widget.
Change the info to your own then click “Save” when done.
Widget 2. Genesis eNews Extended Widget (Subscribe Box)
Follow this tutorial to setup the Subscribe Box in the Footer.
Widget 3. Simple Social Icon Widget
Right below that is the Social Media Icons. Follow this tutorial to install the Social Media Icons.
The Ellie Jane blog page looks like this.
- Before Blog Widget – this is the area right above the blog posts. Use this section to showcase an important post.
- Note – A good image size for your blog post’s “Featured Image” is 600px x 600px (a square image)
- How to Add the “Share This” Icons
- After Entry widget – you can place any widget in this widget area such as user profile, advertisement, or instagram widget. It will show up at the bottom of every post before the comments. I used the “Genesis – User Profile” widget on the demo site.
Ad Between Posts
This ad space shows after the second post on every blog page. To use this ad space click on Appearance >> Widgets. If you have an:
- Image and Link for your ad – click on “Image Widget” and choose “Ad Between Posts”. Click “Select an Image”, choose your image, insert the link, then click “Save”.
This is the area to the right of the blog posts and pages.
Follow this tutorial on how to create a category page. The category page on Ellie Jane looks like this. You can also follow along in the video tutorial here.
- Contact Page – Follow this tutorial on how to create a Contact page.
- About Me Page – the About Me page can be seen here. Please watch this video on how to setup the About Me page.
Page Templates (these are optional)
- Category Index – category index page can be seen here.
- Instagram Page – Instagram page looks like this.
- Portfolio Page – portfolio page looks like this.
- Service Page – the Service Page can be seen here. Please watch this video on how to setup the Service page. After you watch the video… please follow this tutorial for the side by side comparison chart.
- Archive Page – archive page looks like this.
- Landing Page – landing page looks like this.
WooCommerce Shopping Cart
If you would like to add a shop to your site please follow this tutorial.
Images Used on Demo Site
Images shown on the demo site came from Haute Stock (affiliate). Haute Stock updates their images regularly. We can not guarantee that you will be able to find the exact same images that are shown on the demo site.
- Paragraph Font – Poppins
- Title/Heading Font – Playfair Display
- Script Font – Amaro (affiliate)
Color Codes Used
- Accent Color – #eae5df
- Second Accent Color – #1c1c1c
- Button & Link Color – #d1aba2
List of Plugins Used
- Genesis eNews Extended
- Genesis Simple Share
- Image Widget
- Ninja forms
- Soliloquy Lite
- Simple Social Icons
- Smash Balloon Instagram Feed
- Portfolio Post Type (optional – if you plan to use the portfolio)
- WooCommerce (optional – this is the shopping cart)
- Genesis Connect for WooCommerce (this is for the shopping cart as well)
I have a really good page of resources and additional plugins that I recommend like a popup subscribe box plugin and more. You can find that page here.
These tutorials are not necessary but only optional for those who are looking to customize their themes further.
You can also find more tutorials here.
If you have questions about your theme and can’t find the answer above please feel free to submit a support ticket.
Please note: support is only provided for setup and installation, questions and concerns. Support is not provided for personal customizations to our themes.
New to WordPress
Need a little help on how to use WordPress? Become more comfortable and confident with WP101 video tutorials. Watch this sample tutorial to get a quick introduction to WordPress.